How Much Do You Have to Hate Someone Not to Proselytize?

Francis Schaeffer on the Origins of Relativism in the Church

One of My Favorite Songs

An Inspiring Song

Labels

Sunday, February 15, 2009

About the Video Clips

Not too long ago, I decided to send a brief snippet from a DVD to a friend of mine, hoping to illustrate a concept that we had briefly discussed. In the process, I made the acquaintance of dvd-ripping freeware.

Then it occurred to me that there were only-God-knows-how-many little scenes from DVDs that I could use--just a couple of seconds at a time--kind of like one uses quotes from other writers. So I've started building a little library of them, and will use them where I think effective and appropriate. I think that I am not out of line in saying that such usage is covered under fair-usage law.

It is true that the process I use to get these little clips leaves the sound ever-so-slightly out of sync with the video. Many times it's not terribly noticeable, but sometimes you'll notice that a clip is, perhaps, a syllable short or a syllable long. I apologize for that, but it's about the best I can do with what I've got--and I think it's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment