How Much Do You Have to Hate Someone Not to Proselytize?

Francis Schaeffer on the Origins of Relativism in the Church

One of My Favorite Songs

An Inspiring Song

Labels

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Redneck "Spanish" Rice

How did this dish get its name? Simple. One night, I described how I made Spanish rice to the students in my ESL (English as a Second Language) class. One fellow, named Daniel, looked at me in disbelief, hung his head, shook it back and forth, and just said, "That not riiiight." So I figured I'd better change the name, just so's not to confuse anyone.

Look, this is still a good, easy, simple way to make tasty, reasonably nutritious rice.

First, get yerself a rice cooker. This is the easiest way to cook rice I have ever seen. Aroma makes some good ones at very reasonable prices.

Then, get some long-grain brown rice. Trust me--the rice will be fluffier.

Cook the rice according to the cooker directions. In my case, it's basically two parts rice to three parts water--just depends on how much you want to cook, you know? Then you press the button and wait for about an hour (I told you it was easy).

When the rice is done, stir in your choice of salsa--as much or as little as you like.

That's it. Very easy, actually fairly tasty. Any moron could make it. And it's whole-grain.

What the heck else do you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment