How Much Do You Have to Hate Someone Not to Proselytize?

Francis Schaeffer on the Origins of Relativism in the Church

One of My Favorite Songs

An Inspiring Song

Labels

Sunday, October 24, 2010

P.J. O'Rourke on the Upcoming Elections

Via Kat:
Perhaps you’re having a tiny last minute qualm about voting Republican. Take heart. And take the House and the Senate. Yes, there are a few flakes of dander in the fair tresses of the GOP’s crowning glory—an isolated isolationist or two, a hint of gold buggery, and Christine O’Donnell announcing that she’s not a witch. (I ask you, has Hillary Clinton ever cleared this up?) Fret not over Republican peccadilloes such as the Tea Party finding the single, solitary person in Nevada who couldn’t poll ten to one against Harry Reid. Better to have a few cockeyed mutts running the dog pound than Michael Vick.

[snip]

This is not an election on November 2. This is a restraining order. Power has been trapped, abused and exploited by Democrats. Go to the ballot box and put an end to this abusive relationship.
Anyone who knows me that I have no great love for the Republican Party per se. To me, it is merely an instrument through which I hope to get the most conservative candidates possible elected, and too often, it fails me. I have serious doubts as to whether much of the leadership has any real clue what conservatism actually is. God knows--God knows!--some of the folks running on the Republican ticket this year could be replaced with better people. But be that as it may...

Holy crow, folks, today's Democratic Party is not merely to the left, it has--as a whole, there are always individual Democrats who don't fit this description--completely lost its sporkin' mind! Given a choice between not-consistently-conservative and out-of-their-sporkin'-minds, I'll take not-consistently-conservative every time. Of course I will. Why wouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment