How Much Do You Have to Hate Someone Not to Proselytize?

Francis Schaeffer on the Origins of Relativism in the Church

One of My Favorite Songs

An Inspiring Song

Labels

Saturday, April 24, 2010

From a Column by Kathryn Lopez

She writes:
Everywhere I go some group seems to be handing a copy out. The Constitution, it seems, is the hottest ticket in town.

When I was talking to people and snapping pictures at a recent Tea Party, I ran into a man sitting and reading a Heritage Foundation pocket-sized version. At a cocktail party in Northern Virginia this week, I was handed another one from the American Civil Liberties Union. The list goes on.
One of the most encouraging things I have seen in years is how so very many people are taking an interest in the Constitution for the first--or at least it seems like the first--time in their lives. I am glad for this. It may be too little, too late, or it may be the first stirrings of something greater.

Read it, and read The Federalist Papers, too. The Constitution is not actually that hard to understand. It is only multiple attempts on the part of many politicians over a period of decades to make it say things that it does not actually say that makes people think that it is hard to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment