How Much Do You Have to Hate Someone Not to Proselytize?

Francis Schaeffer on the Origins of Relativism in the Church

One of My Favorite Songs

An Inspiring Song

Labels

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Great Equalizer


I have often been amazed by how many people view guns negatively. I had a supervisor ask me one time, "Have you ever had a relative who got killed by someone with a gun?" I had to answer in the negative. He shrugged his shoulders as if to say, "See, if you had, you'd know that gun control is a moral imperative."

What I didn't say, and would have said, had I been quicker on my feet, was, "Have you ever had a relative whose life may have been saved when she brandished a firearm?" I have--and I have a very, very hard time with people who think that she should have encountered that threat unarmed.

1 comment:

  1. I really do not like guns. In fact I may even hate them…okay hate is too strong a word but I really, really, really, really do not like them. I can also totally understand why there are people who are adamant about gun control. Many have probably either been a victim of a violent crime or know someone who has been and they feel that the best solution is to get the guns off the street. And while there is a part of me that agrees and would love to see guns off the streets, I also know that the criminals generally don’t get their weapons of choice at the local gun shop or hunting show. Gun control laws do nothing to prevent criminals from obtaining guns. I have no problems with background checks and waiting periods and so on, but at this point there are more than enough laws on the books to cover gun control issues.

    ReplyDelete