How Much Do You Have to Hate Someone Not to Proselytize?

Francis Schaeffer on the Origins of Relativism in the Church

One of My Favorite Songs

An Inspiring Song

Labels

Friday, September 25, 2009

A Tempting Scene


Oh, I know. It doesn't look like much. It's just a couple of comfy chairs and a little table. There were quite a few just like these at the Herman and Kate Kaiser library.

I was in there the other day. It's quite a nice facility with a pleasant atmosphere and plentiful comfortable furniture. I recommend it highly.

There are not many aspects of city government that I really like, but IN GENERAL, I think the Tulsa City-County library folks do a pretty good job. My family and I are heavy library users and I don't really mind paying taxes for the sake of the library system (up to a point, of course). You can debate whether or not libraries are a proper function of government, and, if so, at what level of government they should be dealt with, but it's kind of hard for me to get worked up over taxes for the library system.

I really liked Kaiser. The cookbook section was genuinely awesome. You can browse the cookbooks throughout the Tulsa library system online, of course, but it's hard to get a real sense of, "Hey, this looks like it might be interesting" from just looking at the very brief online descriptions.

And I really, really found myself wishing I had a chessboard and an opponent. A couple o' glasses o' iced tea, and we'd have been all set...

1 comment:

  1. The Pioneer library system in the Moore/Norman area is fantastic. In fact, I am writing this from the Moore Public Library.

    ReplyDelete