How Much Do You Have to Hate Someone Not to Proselytize?

Francis Schaeffer on the Origins of Relativism in the Church

One of My Favorite Songs

An Inspiring Song

Labels

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Perfect Description

I don't often look at WorldNet Daily. No particular reason, I've just never made it a habit. But I know who the person in charge is: Joseph Farah. And recently, in reference to some brouhaha involving Ann Coulter, he said:
The drift of the conservative movement to a brand of materialistic libertarianism...
Yeah, I know: that's not even a complete sentence. But it struck me as just a perfect description of what often passes for conservatism these days. There are more than a few people who style themselves "conservative" who reject, either explicitly or implicitly, the Biblical worldview that undergirded the conservative thinking of folks like Edmund Burke; their view of "conservatism" more closely resembles a libertinism combined with free trade and open borders.

None of that stuff actually works. It doesn't work because it has an inadequate view of man.

Burke and the conservatives that follow in his footsteps know better, in my opinion.

Hat tip to Cao of Cao's Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment