How Much Do You Have to Hate Someone Not to Proselytize?

Francis Schaeffer on the Origins of Relativism in the Church

One of My Favorite Songs

An Inspiring Song

Labels

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The-Blog-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named

This is a local lib blog, written, as far as I can tell, by one or more--I think it's more--Obamabots who are so one-sided in their blogging as to be unintentionally hilarious.

I mean, seriously, I can hardly object to someone being partisan, now, can I? But there's a big difference between having strong opinions and just being oblivious to the warts on your own hide.

Typically, their blogging amounts to a reference or a quote from one of their favored lib news sources accompanied by some snarky commentary operating on the assumptions that

A) They've understood the item to which they've linked correctly, and

B) The item to which they've linked is correct.

That one or the other of these assumptions is frequently incorrect doesn't deter them in the slightest. Time and again, I have seen them draw the wildest conclusions from the news. For example, when Charlie Crist pulled ahead of Marco Rubio (this seems to have been temporary, at least as of this writing, by the way) in the race for Florida's senate seat, they said that it was bad news for the Republicans--as though they were utterly blind to the fact that, with about 70 percent or more of Florida's electorate planning on voting for either Crist or Rubio, well, obviously, that many people didn't want the Democrat.

They appear, in a very real sense, to be completely blind to such things. They are hilarious.

I don't tell you who they are because it's more that I just want to tell the funny stories, not so much that I want to hold them up to ridicule. Although I guess it's hard to tell the difference sometimes...

Seriously, it's nothing personal. They're just a gas, that's all.


No comments:

Post a Comment